If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Cognitive Dissonance for Lunch
- Taarof, the most confusing thing about Iran
- Kyselka, the Forgotten Spa Town
- Remembrance with Kebab: Babi Yar
- What to do with a History Degree?
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 9) Neuschwanstein Castle
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 8) Hohenschwangau Castle
- Film Review “Capital in the 21st Century”
- Make use of autumn!
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 7) Füssen
Category Archives: Czech Republic
Zur deutschen Fassung des Berichts. “Not much will have changed,” I thought and had packed a somewhat older travel guide for the trip to the Czech Republic. If Karlsbad is too busy for you and you are tired of the … Continue reading
Zur deutschen Fassung dieses Artikels. It seems that the Corona virus will impede long-distance travel for quite a while. In that time of need, maybe we’ll finally discover what has always been so close. Writing for an international audience, it’s … Continue reading
I am calling them night trains on purpose, not sleeper trains, because when I booked the tickets, I couldn’t discern if there would be a bed, maybe even a shower, or with how many people I would share the dormitory … Continue reading
Not quite last minute, but two days before my departure, the house-sitting gig in the Cotswolds in England fell through. That’s sad, because I had been looking forward to it. So, I sat here in Bavaria with a packed backpack, … Continue reading