Below is an overview of my upcoming trips.
I share my travel plans in advance
- because I know you are curious,
- so you can tell me from where you want a postcard,
- because I would be happy to meet some of my readers in person,
- and to maybe find hosts through Couchsurfing or even offers to house-sit.
So, this is where you will find me in the next months:
- From 13 to 28 July, I will return to my favorite city in Europe: Vienna. For two weeks, I shall be watching a cat who is appropriately called “Sisi”.
- And immediately thereafter, the next house-sitting job will take me to Antwerp, where I will be watching a Belgian cat from 2 to 17 August.
- And, as I am already in Belgium, I will then be cat-sitting in Brussels until 2 September.
- On 6/7 September, I will be in Hagen, this time for a seminar about the African colonies after independence.
- To complete my tour of Belgium, I must not ignore Wallonia. From 10 to 27 September, I will be watching two young cats in Chastre.
- From 7 to 10 October, the university in Hagen will hold “History Week”. One week of seminars, lectures, discussions, from sunrise to sunset, that’s even better than any holiday.
- On 25/26 October, I will be in Hannover for a university seminar about “The foundation myths of national states after ‘discovery’ and conquest”.
- This year’s winter house sit will be a cold one again. From 11 December to 11 January, I will be feeding and cuddling two cats in Nesoddtangen in Norway.
- From 12 to 15 February 2020, my university organizes a field trip to Ypres in Belgium to visit the battlefields of World War I.