I share my travel plans in advance
- because I know you are curious,
- so you can tell me from where you want a postcard,
- because I would be happy to meet some of my readers in person,
- and to maybe find hosts through Couchsurfing or even offers to house-sit.
So, this is where you will find me in the next months:
- From 7 to 10 October, the university in Hagen will hold “History Week”. One week of seminars, lectures, discussions, from sunrise to sunset, that’s even better than any holiday.
- On 25/26 October, I will be in Hannover for a university seminar about “The foundation myths of national states after ‘discovery’ and conquest”.
- In the first week of November, I am going to spend a few days in Luxembourg. After Belgium, I am trying to get to know another neighboring country.
- But then it’s back to university again: this time in Hamburg on 15/16 November for a seminar about “Language policy as a mirror of cultural transfer”, looking at the examples of Ceylon, South America and German New Guinea.
- This year’s winter house sit will be a cold one again. From 11 December to 11 January, I will be feeding and cuddling two cats in Nesoddtangen in Norway.
- From 12 to 15 February 2020, my university organizes a field trip to Ypres in Belgium to visit the battlefields of World War I.