Below is an overview of my upcoming trips.
I share my travel plans in advance
- because I know you are curious,
- so you can tell me from where you want a postcard,
- because I would be happy to meet some of my readers in person,
- and to maybe find hosts through Couchsurfing or even offers to house-sit.
So, this is where you will find me in the next months:
- In September and October 2018, I will be cat- and house-sitting in Andalusia in Spain.
- November 2018 will be devoted to those very interesting university seminars that distract me from the papers I should write. Twice, I’ll be in Hagen in North Rhine Westphalia, once for “German emigration to the USA between 1848 and 1914” and then for a look at how Hagen, as an exemplary German town, was influenced by German colonialism.
- The seminar in Leipzig is about “Work and inequality in pre-industrial Europe”.
- From December 2018 on, I will be in Calgary in Canada for three months. That’s another cat- and house-sitting stint.
- I will arrive in Vancouver on 11 December 2018 and I will have ten days to get to Calgary, which allows for a slow trip by train and with some stops.
- After the cat- and house-sitting in Calgary, I have another month in Canada. You know my fascination for train travel, so I booked the return flight from Toronto and will use the month to cross almost all of Canada by train.
- I booked the return flight to London for the end of April 2019 without realizing that this will take me to post-Brexit UK. Let’s see if I will still be allowed to enter the country without a visa.