Below is an overview of my upcoming trips.
I share my travel plans in advance
- because I know you are curious,
- so you can tell me from where you want a postcard,
- because I would be happy to meet some of my readers in person,
- and to maybe find hosts through Couchsurfing or even offers to house-sit.
So, this is where you will find me in the next months:
- From December 2018 on, I will be in Calgary in Canada for three months. That’s another cat- and house-sitting stint.
- After the cat- and house-sitting in Calgary, I have another month in Canada. You know my fascination for train travel, so I booked the return flight from Toronto and will use the month to cross almost all of Canada by train.
- I booked the return flight to London for the end of April 2019 without realizing that this will take me to post-Brexit UK. Let’s see if I will still be allowed to enter the country without a visa.
- The first two weeks of May 2019, I will be cat- and house-sitting in Newquay in Cornwall.
- Then, I will finally have to return to Germany for university. In Munich, there will be a seminar about the history of anti-Semitism on 24/25 May.
- In Hagen, I will have a seminar about the British mandate in Palestine (31 May and 1 June).
- In June and August 2019, I will be house sitting in Charlbury in the Cotswolds, where England is at its most English.
- In the first week of July, there will be a summer school about public history at the University of Wroclaw in Poland.
- That will be immediately followed by my birthday. For that reason, I will probably prolong my stay in Poland.
- In the second part of July, I will return to my favorite city in Europe: Vienna. For two weeks, I shall be watching a cat who is appropriately called “Sisi”.
- From 7 to 10 October, the university in Hagen will hold “History Week”. One week of seminars, lectures, discussions, from sunrise to sunset, that’s even better than any holiday.
- From 10 to 23 November, I will be house, cat and mouse sitting in Luxembourg.