I share my travel plans in advance
- because I know you are curious,
- so you can tell me from where you want a postcard,
- because I would be happy to meet some of my readers in person,
- and to maybe find hosts through Couchsurfing or even offers to house-sit.
So, this is where you will find me in the next months:
Well, travelling is really not that much fun as long as the Corona pandemic won’t be over. And it’s not just about the restrictions. People behave differently now. There is less hospitality and spontaneity. Sure, you can go to some hotel and sit on the beach, but walking through a country and being invited by strangers whom you met in the park, that will happen less. And for me, that’s the important part about traveling. So, for the time being, I won’t plan anything big.
- I only have a few house-sitting gigs coming up, the next one in a village near Winterthur in Switzerland, in April 2021.
- And another one in Bad Münstereifel in Germany in May 2021.
- At the end of June, I’ll be watching a cute cat in Fürth in Germany.
- A colleague from university has invited me to Trento in Italy to watch his cats in the first two weeks of July, which will make this my birthday trip.
- In summer/autumn, I will be cat-sitting in Stockholm. Finally Scandinavia, completely unknown territory for me!
- And once the pandemic will be over, I can’t tell you how much I miss hitchhiking. I’ll probably hitchhike somewhere crazy, like Timbuktu or Babylon.
Do you want a posctard?
Actually, you would be surprised how hard it has become to find postcards in some places. But for you, dear reader, I’ll walk the extra miles!