If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Schöntal and Berlichingen
- Winter is no Excuse not to go Outside
- Lisbon in the Time of Corona, Cholera and Cocaine
- North Korean Motivational Music
- Last Sunset of 2021
- New Year’s Eve Walk
- One Hundred Years Ago, the Digging began – December 1921: Rhine-Main-Danube Canal
- A Shortcut through the Nuclear Power Plant
- Well, I guess I have to travel to Singapore then.
- “Slow Trains to Venice” by Tom Chesshyre
Category Archives: Cuba
I have already expressed my surprise about how lightly Cuba gets off in international public opinion. But recently, I have been shocked again by how many people can travel to Cuba for a week or two and describe everything as beautiful, … Continue reading
If you read the comments below this article, you get a taste of what’s wrong with Peru. I have never encountered a country that is so bad at dealing with criticism. After my article on Bolivia and the sea, many people … Continue reading
As soon as I had announced that I would move to Latin America, the unsolicited advice began knocking on my door. From all four corners of the world, the recommendations arrived, yet they were so identical as if they were based on one and the same … Continue reading
I am glad to see that I am not the only one who appreciates cigars.
Castro brothers (innocent): Castro brothers (not innocent):
On the left: the representative of an authoritarian regime On the right: the representative of an authoritarian regime