If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Video: Solving the Mystery of Easter Island
- “Sovietistan” and “The Border” by Erika Fatland
- A Postcard from Arequipa
- A Postcard from Shiraz
- A Postcard from …
- Why I didn’t walk all of the South West Coast Path
- Hermit for Hire
- A Hundred Years Ago, Christmas was still Exciting – December 1920: Bloody Christmas
- Spain is already celebrating Christmas today
- A Hundred Years Ago …
Tag Archives: Munich
Robert Harris, an experienced writer of historical thrillers, has taken on the Munich Agreement of 1938, in which Germany and the United Kingdom agreed that Germany could annex parts of Czechoslovakia. At the time, people believed that such a concession, … Continue reading
Palestinians at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich: Palestinians at the 2012 Olympic Games in London: That’s quite an improvement, I would say.
A few weeks ago, when I first was in Malta’s capital to take some photos of Valletta for you, the scenery and atmosphere reminded me of the film “Munich” by Steven Spielberg (2005). The film, staying close to real events, … Continue reading