If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- The Castle in the Fog
- The Romance of Railroad Travel
- Let’s take the Train into the Sunset!
- The largest Roman city you never heard of: Gorsium
- To Heat or Not To Heat?
- Village Life in Hungary
- One Hundred Years Ago, King Ferdinand got Promoted – October 1922: Greater Romania
- Hitchhiking to the Happy Cemetery
- Bratislava – First Impression
- The Secret Space Program of Yugoslavia
Join 8,702 other followers
Category Archives: Switzerland
Zur deutschen Fassung. If you want to do things in any logical order, you better read part 1 and part 2 of the hitchhiking odyssey before reading this article. You remember, I hadn’t made it onto the motorway, the sun … Continue reading
Zur deutschen Fassung. If you want to do things in any logical order, you better read part 1 of the hitchhiking odyssey before reading this article. You remember that we had reached Friedrichshafen without any major hiccup. But then I … Continue reading
Zur deutschen Fassung. Last weekend, I finally hit the road again: hitchhiking through the Swiss cantons of Zurich, St Gallen and Thurgau, across Lake Constance and through the German states of Baden-Württemberg and Bavaria. A brisk 500 km is what … Continue reading