If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- More Exciting than a Thriller
- A Hundred Years Ago, someone kept his New Year’s Resolutions, but didn’t care about the Lives of Others – February 1921: Winston Churchill
- “The Impostor” by Javier Cercas
- A Postcard from Las Vegas
- A Postcard from Paris
- A Postcard from New York
- The Danger of Digits and Digitalization
- A Postcard from the Mount of Beatitudes
- A Hundred Years Ago, Ships still had Cats, and Planes did not only disappear in the Bermuda Triangle – January 1921: Carroll A. Deering
Tag Archives: sunset
It had just stopped raining and I stepped outside to soak up the fresh air, yet untainted by all the flights that are going to resume next month. The sky said thanks, smiling a double smile. The sun, I think, … Continue reading
The moonrise was more spectacular, and I have come to prefer sunrises over sunsets here, but I guess you also want to see some sunsets.
In 2017, I seem to have been a bit lazy. I did not run a single half-marathon. But with the risk of war rising, I want to become fitter again. Last weekend, I began by running a half-marathon near Pilsen … Continue reading
I have already described one way for the people of Kotor to witness the sunset: to climb up Mount Vrmac, the mountain that stretches into the Bay of Kotor from the left in the first two photos. The other possibility … Continue reading
The air-conditioned coach stops in the sweltering heat of high noon. Five men with heavy boots, in orange overalls, their faces covered behind pieces of cloth, protective plastic glasses and hats, storm towards the bus. Two of the men, who look as … Continue reading
At least it looked like that on the evening in December 2014, when my brother took these photos of the Făgăraș Mountains in Romania.
… but in reality, the clouds did. Photographed in Targu Mures, Romania on 19 September 2015.
The sky above Targu Mures in Romania is busy, probably because of all the extra flights coming into town for our TEDx conference.