If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- The Castle in the Fog
- The Romance of Railroad Travel
- Let’s take the Train into the Sunset!
- The largest Roman city you never heard of: Gorsium
- To Heat or Not To Heat?
- Village Life in Hungary
- One Hundred Years Ago, King Ferdinand got Promoted – October 1922: Greater Romania
- Hitchhiking to the Happy Cemetery
- Bratislava – First Impression
- The Secret Space Program of Yugoslavia
Join 8,702 other followers
Category Archives: Sark
Sark, one of the Channel Islands, doesn’t have cars. People move around mostly on bicycle. There are also some horse-drawn carriages and a few tractors, mainly to pick up supplies from the harbour. There are so few people that license … Continue reading
Two things dissuade people from walking through the wilderness for days: the thought of sleeping outside and the lack of a shower. But, depending on the time of the year (midge season is worse than cold), sleeping outside can be … Continue reading
Like red phone booths and red double-decker buses, red postboxes feature in millions of touristy snapshots taken all over the UK. In anticipation of an independent Scotland, someone already painted this one blue: They will have to paint it red again … Continue reading