If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- The Castle in the Fog
- The Romance of Railroad Travel
- Let’s take the Train into the Sunset!
- The largest Roman city you never heard of: Gorsium
- To Heat or Not To Heat?
- Village Life in Hungary
- One Hundred Years Ago, King Ferdinand got Promoted – October 1922: Greater Romania
- Hitchhiking to the Happy Cemetery
- Bratislava – First Impression
- The Secret Space Program of Yugoslavia
Join 8,702 other followers
Category Archives: Finland
Zur deutschen Fassung dieser Geschichtsstunde. Where Hannibal once took his elephant for a walk, now the highways are crossing the Alps. Where the Romans no longer felt like expanding and built a wall to keep the neighbors out, today the … Continue reading
Hier gibt es diese Rezension auf Deutsch. Do you also have so many travel guides at home for countries you never made it to? I still got a Lonely Planet guidebook for Central Asia, which I bought in 2007. Apparently, … Continue reading
Good idea, good writing, but somehow lost me halfway on its way around the globe. Not that any particular idea is needed to set out and explore the world, but, as far as ideas go, circumventing the planet following the … Continue reading
Finland has some weird sports competitions. Each time I return to Europe, rents have doubled. Tweets cannot change laws, regulations or rules. Each time Donald Trump tries to do so, he should be laughed at. Why can’t Microsoft Windows move … Continue reading