If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Film Review: “Nomadland”
- One Hundred Years Ago, Belgium became the most Complicated Country in Europe – July 1921: Language Border between Wallonia and Flanders
- Austrian Border Control
- Vogelsang, the Nazi Castle in the Eifel
- House Sitting ain’t always a Holiday
- One Hundred Years Ago, Alcohol secured World Peace – June 1921: Åland
- One Hundred Years Ago, Whites couldn’t bear Blacks being Successful – May 1921: Black Wall Street
- Hitchhiking, an Odyssey with 50 Hail Marys (part 3 of 3)
- Hitchhiking, an Odyssey with 50 Hail Marys (part 2 of 3)
- Hitchhiking, an Odyssey with 50 Hail Marys (part 1 of 3)
Category Archives: London
Even after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 put an end to all official segregation, there are still some places in the USA where black and white Americans don’t mix very much. I have often heard that Sunday morning is … Continue reading
He closed the heavy door behind him as he left the grand house on Westbourne Terrace. It had become too late to catch a bus and anyway, it was still warm enough to walk. After midnight, London was at its … Continue reading
There are two types of places in the world: those where nobody will bat an eyelid if you move there and those where you will be welcomed with the question “Why did you move here?” – if you want to call that a … Continue reading
It’s 2012 and time to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the James Bond films which began with Dr. No in 1962. For that reason alone you should watch all James Bond films in chronological order before venturing to watch the … Continue reading
Palestinians at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich: Palestinians at the 2012 Olympic Games in London: That’s quite an improvement, I would say.
British teenagers playing with fire in August 2011: British teenagers playing with fire in August 2012: I found 2011 more exciting.
Photographed last year during the Tottenham Riots in London (under extreme danger to my own life, I might add): Maybe this was the real cause behind the Tottenham Riots? – Hey Jerk, a bread and a bagel please. – What … Continue reading
London, you should not have tried to copy the Eiffel Tower. Even with immense good will on the part of the beholder, it does not look anything like this: With an effort like this, France still doesn’t need to worry … Continue reading