If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Visit Germany for only 9 Euros this Summer!
- A Walk around Odessa
- Split Personality
- One Hundred Years Ago, Germany and Russia laid the Foundation for World War II – April 1922: Rapallo
- One Hundred Years Ago, Genocide did not go Unpunished – April 1922: Operation Nemesis
- One Hundred Years Ago, the Habsburg Empire was finished for good – April 1922: Emperor Karl I
- One Hundred Years Ago, they Showed a Movie that Should Never Have Been Made – March 1922: Nosferatu
- Ukrainian Tears
- Humanity’s Response to Catastrophes
- Attack on Odessa
Tag Archives: romance
“I want to do to you what spring does to the cherry trees,” wrote Pablo Neruda on the wall of the cathedral in Baza, defying the wrath not only of God, but also of municipal anti-graffiti enforcers. But then, if … Continue reading
Humans who are cold can’t really be beautiful. Nature can. It looks like the perfect day for a long walk, with the sun shining from above and being reflected by the snow on the ground. So much light, and so … Continue reading
I had promised that I would bring a pizza, but apparently, she didn’t trust me, or men in general. She had also prepared a huge pot of soup and an even larger bowl of salad. As we, purposefully working together, … Continue reading
This was a bad investment. Photographed by Valdis Jekociņš in Riga, Latvia.
“If nights were as long as I love you, dawn would never come.” (Photographed in Podgorica, Montenegro.)
Pokemon Go had only been introduced in Peru a few days ago. But it had already transformed public life. Selva Alegre Park in Arequipa suddenly saw more teenagers, but they didn’t see anything of the park. Outside of Santa Catalina … Continue reading
A very personal revelation for Valentine’s Day: … The debate whether real love is a result of chance or whether it can be sought never resonated with us, because we fall in neither of these categories. Our story is a completely different … Continue reading