If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- All Roads lead to Jerusalem
- The real Soviet War Memorial in Berlin
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Locus Perennis, Czech Republic
- Twilight at the Train Station
- Hello from Lake Baikal
- One Hundred Years Ago, Lawrence of Arabia killed the Railroad – March 1923: Transjordan
- Hiking on the First Day of Spring
- One Hundred Years Ago – the episodes you missed in 2022
- Gastronom No. 4
- Müggelheim, where Berlin looks like Sweden
Join 8,762 other subscribers
Tag Archives: PLO
The advice Trump got from Abbas
Abbas: Hey, Mr President, you know when I had my last election? Trump: Um, um, I am not so good with history. I’ll have to ask Stephen. Abbas: I’ll tell you. I was elected in 2005. Trump: And you’re still in … Continue reading
Posted in Israel, Politics, USA Tagged Donald Trump, Mahmoud Abbas, Palestine, PLO 5 Comments
Arafat poisoned with Polonium
The news that Yasser Arafat was poisoned with polonium should not come as a surprise for those who know what his favourite restaurant was. Well, Polish cuisine is not for everyone.
Palestinians at the Olympic Games, now and then
Palestinians at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich: Palestinians at the 2012 Olympic Games in London: That’s quite an improvement, I would say.
Happy 25th birthday, Gilad Shalit!
Today is the 25th birthday of Gilad Shalit. It is the 6th birthday that he has to experience in captivity. When he was kidnapped, he was a boy of 19. Now he is a man, but one who has been … Continue reading
Posted in Israel, Politics Tagged Gaza, Gaza Strip, Gilad Shalit, Hamas, hostage, IDF, Middle East, Palestinians, PLO, prisoner, prisoner of war, Third Geneva Convention, war 8 Comments