If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 8) Hohenschwangau Castle
- Film Review “Capital in the 21st Century”
- Make use of autumn!
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 7) Füssen
- The Holy Ghosts of the Azores
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 6) Walden
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 5) Ammer Gorge
- Why is German reunification celebrated on 3 October?
- For my Chinese readers
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 4) The Longest Day
Tag Archives: fire
Last week, I helped fighting the fires in Chapada Diamantina National Park in Brazil for a day, after I had stumbled upon a squad of volunteer firefighters while hiking. It was tough work, particularly because so many fires were in … Continue reading
As promised, I will keep you updated on the forest fires in Chapada Diamantina National Park in Brazil. While hiking yesterday, I saw these fires from afar. Obviously, I wanted to get as close to them as possible. Who wouldn’t? Here … Continue reading
The air-conditioned coach stops in the sweltering heat of high noon. Five men with heavy boots, in orange overalls, their faces covered behind pieces of cloth, protective plastic glasses and hats, storm towards the bus. Two of the men, who look as … Continue reading
Not only cool, but quite clever too: (Hat-tip to Jesse Williams.)