If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- More Exciting than a Thriller
- A Hundred Years Ago, someone kept his New Year’s Resolutions, but didn’t care about the Lives of Others – February 1921: Winston Churchill
- “The Impostor” by Javier Cercas
- A Postcard from Las Vegas
- A Postcard from Paris
- A Postcard from New York
- The Danger of Digits and Digitalization
- A Postcard from the Mount of Beatitudes
- A Hundred Years Ago, Ships still had Cats, and Planes did not only disappear in the Bermuda Triangle – January 1921: Carroll A. Deering
Tag Archives: Venta Micena
When I introduced the cave houses around Venta Micena to you, I promised you a look inside. Luckily, I met Florence and Bruno, a lovely couple from France, who invited me to their cave home in Fuente Nueva. It was … Continue reading
When the owners of the house travel by plane, on their yacht or with one of their many other cars, the house sitter often gets to use a car, or at least a bicycle. In a remote area like this … Continue reading
“Aren’t you afraid, living in the village all by yourself?”, people ask me. “No,” I reply, “because there is even a sign declaring it a secure zone.”
Signs of the Civil War are everywhere in Spain.
At one time, the frontier between Arab/Moorish al-Andalus and the Kingdom of Murcia ran close to Venta Micena. That explains the Arab watchtowers on some of the hills around here.
Sometimes, people send a donation to support this fabulous, entertaining, helpful and inspiring blog. Any donation will be rewarded with a personal postcard. Because there is no post office in Venta Micena, I will even walk 7 km to the … Continue reading
One early morning, on the way to climb the Sierra de María, I saw this table-topped mountain. Tonight, it walked into the photo again. I jumped into the car to chase it down, managed to stop it near Velez Blanco, … Continue reading
The moonrise was more spectacular, and I have come to prefer sunrises over sunsets here, but I guess you also want to see some sunsets.