If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- The real Soviet War Memorial in Berlin
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Locus Perennis, Czech Republic
- Twilight at the Train Station
- Hello from Lake Baikal
- One Hundred Years Ago, Lawrence of Arabia killed the Railroad – March 1923: Transjordan
- Hiking on the First Day of Spring
- One Hundred Years Ago – the episodes you missed in 2022
- Gastronom No. 4
- Müggelheim, where Berlin looks like Sweden
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Kremnica, Slovakia
Join 8,762 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Gaza
Am I too late for the war?
Sorry, but my tank got stuck on the Golan Heights. But let’s get serious now: why haven’t I written anything yet on the skirmish between Israel and Gaza? There are two reasons. First, I had been on holiday, and when I … Continue reading
Posted in Israel, Military, Philosophy, Politics Tagged Gaza 74 Comments
Easily Confused (28) Gaza and Gezi
Park in Gaza: Gezi Park, Istanbul, Turkey: I am waiting for Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan to speak about “the suffering and the inhumane conditions of life in Gaza” again. He probably won’t even notice the irony.
Did you notice the Irony? (# 4) Middle East edition
The TV series “Homeland” recently aired an episode which depicted a street in Beirut, Lebanon as somewhat dangerous territory with Hezbollah guys brandishing AK-47s. Of course it was not really filmed in Beirut. Instead of ordering a pizza and enjoying … Continue reading
Happy 25th birthday, Gilad Shalit!
Today is the 25th birthday of Gilad Shalit. It is the 6th birthday that he has to experience in captivity. When he was kidnapped, he was a boy of 19. Now he is a man, but one who has been … Continue reading
Posted in Israel, Politics Tagged Gaza, Gaza Strip, Gilad Shalit, Hamas, hostage, IDF, Middle East, Palestinians, PLO, prisoner, prisoner of war, Third Geneva Convention, war 8 Comments