If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Köpenick – First Impressions
- The Battlefield of Waterloo, Looking for the Bones, and a Surprising Supper
- The most beautiful city in Germany that you never heard of
- Law School in Bolivia
- What is it with American Clients and their Nazi Obsession?
- Winter is Coming
- The Castle in the Fog
- The Romance of Railroad Travel
- Let’s take the Train into the Sunset!
- The largest Roman city you never heard of: Gorsium
Join 8,743 other subscribers
Tag Archives: peace
In his autobiography My Early Life, which concluded the time before World War I and was published before World War II, Winston Churchill takes this lesson from the Boer Wars: Let us learn our lessons. Never, never, never believe any war will be … Continue reading
I wonder if the participants of the “Peace Camp” at Parliament Square in London have ever noticed the irony of protesting against all kinds of wars under the amused eyes of Winston Churchill. The “Peace Camp” is a continuous protest … Continue reading
Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Shelton, has revealed in his book Without Hesitation that during the Clinton presidency, the codes that were necessary to launch America’s nuclear arsenal had gone missing for several months. This is … Continue reading