If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Film Review “Capital in the 21st Century”
- Make use of autumn!
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 7) Füssen
- The Holy Ghosts of the Azores
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 6) Walden
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 5) Ammer Gorge
- Why is German reunification celebrated on 3 October?
- For my Chinese readers
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 4) The Longest Day
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 3) Lake Ammer
Tag Archives: corruption
First they came for the scientists, and I did not speak out— Because I was not a scientist. Then they came for the journalists, and I did not speak out— Because I was not a journalist. Then they came for … Continue reading
Formula-1 boss Bernie Ecclestone faced charges of corruption, specifically of having paid bribes. The recipient of the bribes Gerhard Gribkowsky had confessed to the charges. He had been working for a bank which was majority-owned by the State of Bavaria. Now … Continue reading
When I lived in Malta, I was rather surprised by how much was on sale. When I wanted to purchase a bus ticket from the vending machine, it sometimes happened that a helpful bus driver came up to me and … Continue reading
Four years after the release of Borat (or Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan as the full title is), Kazakhstan still doesn’t seem to have gotten over it. Borat, by and with Sacha Baron … Continue reading