If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- All Roads lead to Jerusalem
- The real Soviet War Memorial in Berlin
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Locus Perennis, Czech Republic
- Twilight at the Train Station
- Hello from Lake Baikal
- One Hundred Years Ago, Lawrence of Arabia killed the Railroad – March 1923: Transjordan
- Hiking on the First Day of Spring
- One Hundred Years Ago – the episodes you missed in 2022
- Gastronom No. 4
- Müggelheim, where Berlin looks like Sweden
Join 8,762 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Bilo
Borat or Bilo? No, it’s Nursultan in Kazakhstan.
Four years after the release of Borat (or Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan as the full title is), Kazakhstan still doesn’t seem to have gotten over it. Borat, by and with Sacha Baron … Continue reading
Posted in Politics Tagged Almaty, autocracy, Bilo, Borat, corruption, democracy, elections, Erkin Rakishev, films, gas, Hollywood, Human Rights, Kazakh, Kazakhstan, movies, Nazarbayev, Nurkadilov, Nursultan Nazarbayev, oil, OSCE, OSZE, parliament, parody, petroleum, Sasha Baron Cohen, spoof 3 Comments