If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- One Hundred Years Ago, a Royal Funeral was the Last Gasp of Times Past – April 1921: Augusta Victoria
- There is always a Fossibility
- One Hundred Years Ago, an Armenian Student took the Law into his own Hands – March 1921: Operation Nemesis
- Quite some Drama
- A Postcard from Yerevan
- Lost in Translation
- Two Bakeries, two Countries, two Cultures
- One Hundred Years Ago, a German Baron from the Baltics established a Kingdom in Mongolia – March 1921: Roman von Ungern-Sternberg
- International Women’s Day
- A Postcard from Málaga
Tag Archives: Copacabana
Zur deutschen Fassung dieser Geschichte. On my last day in Bolivia, I had bought a bus ticket from La Paz to Puno in Perú. When the bus made a stop for lunch in Copacabana and the driver said “the bus … Continue reading
There are not many things that I am addicted to. I can go without cigars for months. Chocolate is a different issue. One week is the maximum, after that I get cranky. But after three days without cola (it doesn’t … Continue reading
Usually, I don’t like dogs. If the dogs aren’t extremely stupid, they notice that and leave me alone. But when I was stranded in Copacabana during my move from Bolivia to Peru, and when I thought that I had lost all … Continue reading
Photographed in Copacabana on the shore of Lake Titicaca in Bolivia.