If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- One Hundred Years Ago, Lawrence of Arabia killed the Railroad – March 1923: Transjordan
- Hiking on the First Day of Spring
- One Hundred Years Ago – the episodes you missed in 2022
- Gastronom No. 4
- Müggelheim, where Berlin looks like Sweden
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Kremnica, Slovakia
- Köpenick – First Impressions
- The Battlefield of Waterloo, Looking for the Bones, and a Surprising Supper
- The most beautiful city in Germany that you never heard of
- Law School in Bolivia
Join 8,755 other subscribers
Tag Archives: dogs
Zur deutschen Fassung dieser Beobachtung. On my travels around the world, I like to attend protests. Especially when I find the demands of the people worthy of my support. But even when not, protests or even revolutions are an excellent … Continue reading
Posted in Bolivia, Politics, Travel Tagged dogs 5 Comments
Have you seen this dog?
Ok, maybe you have already seen this before. But I haven’t, so I found it super-funny when I spotted this poster in Alfeld, on a long hike from Ammerthal to Nürnberg.
Posted in Travel Tagged dogs 4 Comments
Lost Dog? Found Dog!
Everywhere in the world, people put up posters and notices when they have lost their own dog or cat. In Bolivia, when people have found someone else’s dog, they go to great lengths to print color posters and distribute them … Continue reading
Posted in Bolivia, Photography Tagged animals, dogs, La Paz Leave a comment
The comforting dog
Usually, I don’t like dogs. If the dogs aren’t extremely stupid, they notice that and leave me alone. But when I was stranded in Copacabana during my move from Bolivia to Peru, and when I thought that I had lost all … Continue reading
Posted in Bolivia, Photography, Travel Tagged animals, Copacabana, dogs, Titicaca, writing 5 Comments
The dog is watching out
(Photographed in Salvador, Brazil.)
Posted in Brazil, Photography, Travel Tagged Bahia, dogs, poverty, Salvador Leave a comment
Men show off their wives. Women show off their children. Children show off their dogs. Dogs show off their families. (Auf Deutsch.)