If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- A Hundred Years Ago, someone kept his New Year’s Resolutions, but didn’t care about the Lives of Others – February 1921: Winston Churchill
- “The Impostor” by Javier Cercas
- A Postcard from Las Vegas
- A Postcard from Paris
- A Postcard from New York
- The Danger of Digits and Digitalization
- A Postcard from the Mount of Beatitudes
- A Hundred Years Ago, Ships still had Cats, and Planes did not only disappear in the Bermuda Triangle – January 1921: Carroll A. Deering
- A Postcard from Trakai
Tag Archives: church
Links: More from Ukraine. More about religion. Zur deutschen Fassung dieses Blogs.
In Yugoslavia, the Socialist star and the Christian cross got along quite well, it seems. (Photographed in the cemetery of Velji Zalazi near Kotor, Montenegro.)
Photographed outside of the cathedral in Puno, Peru.
Whenever material things, money, worldliness, become the center of our lives, they take hold of us, they possess us; we lose our very identity as human beings. Pope Francis, 29 September 2013 This new line of the Catholic Church, breaking … Continue reading
Mass hysteria: Mass hysteria:
When churches look like this, I like them. Nobody is being indoctrinated here anymore. Nobody is being preached hokum here anymore. No longer does a medieval organization attempt to influence life and politics from here. No longer is this a place where … Continue reading
Oh. Christmas just passed and I completely forgot to go to church. If you committed the same omission, God allows you to make up for it by watching this church video: (From Borat.) Living in a predominantly Catholic country (like … Continue reading
Much has been written about the costs of at least 12 million £ that British taxpayers will be stuck with for the “state visit” by the Pope to the UK in September 2010. The argument that British taxpayers should not … Continue reading