If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Visit Germany for only 9 Euros this Summer!
- A Walk around Odessa
- Split Personality
- One Hundred Years Ago, Germany and Russia laid the Foundation for World War II – April 1922: Rapallo
- One Hundred Years Ago, Genocide did not go Unpunished – April 1922: Operation Nemesis
- One Hundred Years Ago, the Habsburg Empire was finished for good – April 1922: Emperor Karl I
- One Hundred Years Ago, they Showed a Movie that Should Never Have Been Made – March 1922: Nosferatu
- Ukrainian Tears
- Humanity’s Response to Catastrophes
- Attack on Odessa
Tag Archives: church
Links: More from Ukraine. More about religion. Zur deutschen Fassung dieses Blogs.
In Yugoslavia, the Socialist star and the Christian cross got along quite well, it seems. (Photographed in the cemetery of Velji Zalazi near Kotor, Montenegro.)
Photographed outside of the cathedral in Puno, Peru.
Whenever material things, money, worldliness, become the center of our lives, they take hold of us, they possess us; we lose our very identity as human beings. Pope Francis, 29 September 2013 This new line of the Catholic Church, breaking … Continue reading
Mass hysteria: Mass hysteria:
When churches look like this, I like them. Nobody is being indoctrinated here anymore. Nobody is being preached hokum here anymore. No longer does a medieval organization attempt to influence life and politics from here. No longer is this a place where … Continue reading
Oh. Christmas just passed and I completely forgot to go to church. If you committed the same omission, God allows you to make up for it by watching this church video: (From Borat.) Living in a predominantly Catholic country (like … Continue reading
Much has been written about the costs of at least 12 million £ that British taxpayers will be stuck with for the “state visit” by the Pope to the UK in September 2010. The argument that British taxpayers should not … Continue reading