If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Cognitive Dissonance for Lunch
- Taarof, the most confusing thing about Iran
- Kyselka, the Forgotten Spa Town
- Remembrance with Kebab: Babi Yar
- What to do with a History Degree?
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 9) Neuschwanstein Castle
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 8) Hohenschwangau Castle
- Film Review “Capital in the 21st Century”
- Make use of autumn!
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 7) Füssen
Tag Archives: Pope
Pope Francis washing the feet of criminals: Pope Benedict XVI washing the feet of criminals: (Für die Fans von Benedikt XVI gibt es diesen Vergleich auch auf Deutsch.)
On the left: the representative of an authoritarian regime On the right: the representative of an authoritarian regime
Much has been written about the costs of at least 12 million £ that British taxpayers will be stuck with for the “state visit” by the Pope to the UK in September 2010. The argument that British taxpayers should not … Continue reading
This week I attended a lecture at LSE by Geoffrey Robertson who was introducing his new book “The Case of the Pope: Vatican Accountability for Human Rights Abuse”, conveniently published just days before the Pope’s visit to Britain. Mr Robertson … Continue reading