If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- The Castle in the Fog
- The Romance of Railroad Travel
- Let’s take the Train into the Sunset!
- The largest Roman city you never heard of: Gorsium
- To Heat or Not To Heat?
- Village Life in Hungary
- One Hundred Years Ago, King Ferdinand got Promoted – October 1922: Greater Romania
- Hitchhiking to the Happy Cemetery
- Bratislava – First Impression
- The Secret Space Program of Yugoslavia
Join 8,702 other followers
Tag Archives: translation
Writing a blog for an international audience is very complicated. People in California are never awake when I write in Europe. People in Australia and Argentina are reading it upside down. And in China, when you want to access my … Continue reading
Zur deutschen Fassung dieser Geschichte. Tivat is different from the rest of Montenegro: more glitzy, more shiny, more expensive, more show-off. All the things I don’t like. I only go there regularly because I am trying to visit the Maritime … Continue reading
When I do legal translations, I often wonder if anyone will ever read all the terms and conditions and privacy policies that I translate. Probably not. Even I as a lawyer don’t read them very often. That brings up the … Continue reading