If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Driving a Lorry for Brexit
- Hej Hej
- Sunrise at the Cemetery
- Facing the Firing Squad in Style
- One Hundred Years Ago, Countries were established that have been all but forgotten – August 1921: Baranya-Baja and Tannu-Tuwa
- To Stockholm, on a Train of Uncharted Consciousness
- Peak Sweden
- A Birthday without Lake Garda
- “The Hundred-Year-Old Man who Climbed out of the Window and Disappeared” by Jonas Jonasson
- Protective Equipment
Tag Archives: San Jose de Chiquitos
Photographed near San José de Chiquitos in Bolivia.
The hotel at which I stayed in San José de Chiquitos (I didn’t find any Couchsurfing host there) banned not only the indoor use of dogs, cats and cigarettes, but also of coca leaves. This prohibition surprised me because coca leaves … Continue reading
Long-term readers are already aware of it: the railroad is my favorite means of transport. So you can imagine my excitement when I read that Bolivia has an Orient Express: the Expreso Oriental from Santa Cruz to Quijarro on the border with Brazil. The excitement grew … Continue reading
The great thing about a hat is that your own shadow suddenly looks much cooler. (Photographed on the walk from San José de Chiquitos to Santa Cruz la Vieja in Bolivia. But that doesn’t really matter for this photo, does it?)