If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- All Roads lead to Jerusalem
- The real Soviet War Memorial in Berlin
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Locus Perennis, Czech Republic
- Twilight at the Train Station
- Hello from Lake Baikal
- One Hundred Years Ago, Lawrence of Arabia killed the Railroad – March 1923: Transjordan
- Hiking on the First Day of Spring
- One Hundred Years Ago – the episodes you missed in 2022
- Gastronom No. 4
- Müggelheim, where Berlin looks like Sweden
Join 8,762 other subscribers
Tag Archives: poetry
How to spot Poetry
This sentence is not poetry. This one is.
Posted in Language Tagged poetry 2 Comments
Poetry Slam (5) Edward Snowden
“Hi”, said the guy, “I am the spy from Hawaii, but I had to get away. I went to Hong Kong, but I couldn’t stay long. I am still a spy and I would like to fly to … Continue reading
Posted in Language, Travel Tagged Edward Snowden, poetry 12 Comments
Poetry Slam (4) Running
Excuses? None. So I will go for a run in the sun. That should be fun!
Posted in Language, Sports Tagged poetry, running 3 Comments
Poetry Slam (3) Apple Maps
The travel poetry continues: I used an app called “Apple Map” but it was total crap and only showed a gap.
Posted in Language, Technology, Travel Tagged Apple, Maps, poetry 3 Comments
Poetry Slam (2) Mumbai
After the raving applause for my first travel poem, here is another one: When I was in Mumbai I wanted to meet with a guy called Kai, but he did not reply. Contrary to what should happen, the poetry … Continue reading
Posted in India, Travel Tagged Mumbai, poetry 2 Comments
Poetry Slam (1) Cigar
My first attempt at travel poetry: I went to the bazaar in Kandahar and bought a cigar from a guy called Bashar. Don’t worry. I will continue to write predominantly in prose. (Zur deutschen Version.)
Posted in Afghanistan, Travel Tagged cigars, poetry 5 Comments