If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- All Roads lead to Jerusalem
- The real Soviet War Memorial in Berlin
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Locus Perennis, Czech Republic
- Twilight at the Train Station
- Hello from Lake Baikal
- One Hundred Years Ago, Lawrence of Arabia killed the Railroad – March 1923: Transjordan
- Hiking on the First Day of Spring
- One Hundred Years Ago – the episodes you missed in 2022
- Gastronom No. 4
- Müggelheim, where Berlin looks like Sweden
Join 8,762 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Apple
Random Thoughts (5)
When Donald Trump praises his pick for Secretary of Defense, General James Mattis, as “the closest thing to General George Patton we have”, does he refer to the mistreatment of soldiers or to Patton’s antisemitism? After my story about the Peruvian girl, … Continue reading
Easily Confused (51) Economic Systems
Communist centrally planned economy: Capitalist free market economy: The main difference seems to be that nowadays, young people do the queuing themselves instead of sending their mothers. That’s progress. (Auf Deutsch.)
Posted in Cold War, Economics, Technology Tagged Apple 13 Comments
Poetry Slam (3) Apple Maps
The travel poetry continues: I used an app called “Apple Map” but it was total crap and only showed a gap.
Posted in Language, Technology, Travel Tagged Apple, Maps, poetry 3 Comments
Steve Jobs, 1955-2011
Congratulations, Steve Jobs, you are now the richest man in the cemetery.
Posted in Economics, Philosophy Tagged Apple, Steve Jobs, wealth 3 Comments