If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- A Walk around Baza
- One Hundred Years Ago, a Royal Funeral was the Last Gasp of Times Past – April 1921: Augusta Victoria
- There is always a Fossibility
- One Hundred Years Ago, an Armenian Student took the Law into his own Hands – March 1921: Operation Nemesis
- Quite some Drama
- A Postcard from Yerevan
- Lost in Translation
- Two Bakeries, two Countries, two Cultures
- One Hundred Years Ago, a German Baron from the Baltics established a Kingdom in Mongolia – March 1921: Roman von Ungern-Sternberg
- International Women’s Day
Tag Archives: Korea
Usually, I am a few decades late with my film reviews, but this time, I manage to recommend a movie that is still playing in cinemas: Parasite. A cleverly constructed thriller, fast-paced, humorous, but also a social critique. Too much … Continue reading
South Koreans acting in a silly and uncontrolled way: – – – North Koreans acting in a silly but controlled way: – – – Imagining a combination of these two styles makes me afraid of Korean unification.
I have studied a great many wars, but I am not aware of an example where the aggressor state revealed its detailed step-by-step strategy in advance. In public. In a colourful video. North Korea has the courtesy to do so and lays … Continue reading