If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Winter is no Excuse not to go Outside
- Lisbon in the Time of Corona, Cholera and Cocaine
- North Korean Motivational Music
- Last Sunset of 2021
- New Year’s Eve Walk
- One Hundred Years Ago, the Digging began – December 1921: Rhine-Main-Danube Canal
- A Shortcut through the Nuclear Power Plant
- Well, I guess I have to travel to Singapore then.
- “Slow Trains to Venice” by Tom Chesshyre
- Living in a Bunker
Tag Archives: hat
Zur deutschen Fassung. On a friend’s blog, I came across this photo, depicting Captain Carlos Fortino Sámano, facing a firing squad in 1917, during the Mexican Revolution. Please don’t ask me any details about that revolution/civil war, because it’s even … Continue reading
Based on the photos you have seen thus far, you can probably imagine the heat in Andalusia. And there aren’t many trees providing shade. Without my hat, bought from a Roma family in Transylvania, I would long have had a … Continue reading
When people fly five hours to an island 3,700 km away from the mainland, they want photographic proof of having been there. Lots of photos. Tourists were walking up and down in silly poses before each stone statue on Easter … Continue reading
Walking around the cemetery in Piura, I stumbled into a photo shooting. “Wow, what a hot hombre,” the photographer exclaimed and asked me if I wanted to pose for some photos, giving his actual models time for a break. (In … Continue reading