If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Hiking on the First Day of Spring
- One Hundred Years Ago – the episodes you missed in 2022
- Gastronom No. 4
- Müggelheim, where Berlin looks like Sweden
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Kremnica, Slovakia
- Köpenick – First Impressions
- The Battlefield of Waterloo, Looking for the Bones, and a Surprising Supper
- The most beautiful city in Germany that you never heard of
- Law School in Bolivia
- What is it with American Clients and their Nazi Obsession?
Join 8,755 other subscribers
Tag Archives: fashion
Facing the Firing Squad in Style
Zur deutschen Fassung. On a friend’s blog, I came across this photo, depicting Captain Carlos Fortino Sámano, facing a firing squad in 1917, during the Mexican Revolution. Please don’t ask me any details about that revolution/civil war, because it’s even … Continue reading
Obsessed with Shoes?
If you know someone who is obsessed with shoes and you want to cure her, you can try showing her this photo. It puts things into perspective. Links: Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial in Jerusalem, Israel, where this photo was taken. … Continue reading
Posted in Holocaust, Israel, Photography Tagged fashion, shoes 5 Comments
Easily Confused (39) Fashion Police
Fashion police (Iran): Fashionable police (Italy):
The Prize for the President with the Best Hat
The prize for the president with the best hat goes to Salva Kiir Mayardit from South Sudan. Goodluck Jonathan from Nigeria is second. And lastly, credit where credit is due, George Bush junior looking like straight out of an old … Continue reading
Posted in Politics Tagged fashion, style 2 Comments