If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Winter is no Excuse not to go Outside
- Lisbon in the Time of Corona, Cholera and Cocaine
- North Korean Motivational Music
- Last Sunset of 2021
- New Year’s Eve Walk
- One Hundred Years Ago, the Digging began – December 1921: Rhine-Main-Danube Canal
- A Shortcut through the Nuclear Power Plant
- Well, I guess I have to travel to Singapore then.
- “Slow Trains to Venice” by Tom Chesshyre
- Living in a Bunker
Tag Archives: Piura
Zur deutschen Fassung. On a friend’s blog, I came across this photo, depicting Captain Carlos Fortino Sámano, facing a firing squad in 1917, during the Mexican Revolution. Please don’t ask me any details about that revolution/civil war, because it’s even … Continue reading
The museum in Narihualac was closed. All I could do was walk through the dusty streets of the small village, watch one of the many religious processions which take place in Peru every day, and visit some bars to soak … Continue reading