If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- The Castle in the Fog
- The Romance of Railroad Travel
- Let’s take the Train into the Sunset!
- The largest Roman city you never heard of: Gorsium
- To Heat or Not To Heat?
- Village Life in Hungary
- One Hundred Years Ago, King Ferdinand got Promoted – October 1922: Greater Romania
- Hitchhiking to the Happy Cemetery
- Bratislava – First Impression
- The Secret Space Program of Yugoslavia
Join 8,704 other followers
Tag Archives: Lebanon
Zur deutschen Fassung dieses Artikels. This week’s explosion in the port of Beirut not only woke those who were just taking an afternoon nap, but also memories of my visit to that city. It was a short visit, barely enough … Continue reading
The TV series “Homeland” recently aired an episode which depicted a street in Beirut, Lebanon as somewhat dangerous territory with Hezbollah guys brandishing AK-47s. Of course it was not really filmed in Beirut. Instead of ordering a pizza and enjoying … Continue reading