If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- The Castle in the Fog
- The Romance of Railroad Travel
- Let’s take the Train into the Sunset!
- The largest Roman city you never heard of: Gorsium
- To Heat or Not To Heat?
- Village Life in Hungary
- One Hundred Years Ago, King Ferdinand got Promoted – October 1922: Greater Romania
- Hitchhiking to the Happy Cemetery
- Bratislava – First Impression
- The Secret Space Program of Yugoslavia
Join 8,702 other followers
Tag Archives: asylum
If you have doubts about humanity, listen to this podcast about a hospital in Israel treating wounded and sick Syrians. I wouldn’t have thought that many people read articles as long as the one about my decision to return to … Continue reading
At the airport in Belgrade, I spotted this poster. That shows a welcoming culture! Two weeks later, it had been removed however.
On 7 November 2013 the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruled that homosexual asylum seekers in the EU are protected as a “social group” under the Asylum Qualification Directive (Directive 2004/83/EC) and that EU member states have to grant asylum if … Continue reading
The spy who came in from the cold: The spy who wants to go to a warm country: