If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- The Castle in the Fog
- The Romance of Railroad Travel
- Let’s take the Train into the Sunset!
- The largest Roman city you never heard of: Gorsium
- To Heat or Not To Heat?
- Village Life in Hungary
- One Hundred Years Ago, King Ferdinand got Promoted – October 1922: Greater Romania
- Hitchhiking to the Happy Cemetery
- Bratislava – First Impression
- The Secret Space Program of Yugoslavia
Join 8,704 other followers
Tag Archives: sunrise
Zur deutschen Fassung. Of the many things that people find weird about me, two of the most frequently asked questions are “Why would you go to a cemetery?” and “Why do you get up at 5 o’clock if you don’t … Continue reading
Ukraine is one hour ahead of Central European Time. This has the advantage of the sun rising earlier, while you can stay in bed longer because you are in a different time zone. Or something like that. Honestly, I don’t … Continue reading
In the countryside, we go to bed early and we rise early. The latter isn’t that hard when sunrises like this one expect you almost every day.
I wasn’t up that early, but my father took this photo yesterday:
When Némo said “we will meet on Saturday morning at 4:45 and we will return on Monday just before midnight,” I knew I had found the right guide for the 3-day hike through Vale do Pati. Some agencies in Chapada Diamantina National Park in Brazil … Continue reading