If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Cognitive Dissonance for Lunch
- Taarof, the most confusing thing about Iran
- Kyselka, the Forgotten Spa Town
- Remembrance with Kebab: Babi Yar
- What to do with a History Degree?
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 9) Neuschwanstein Castle
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 8) Hohenschwangau Castle
- Film Review “Capital in the 21st Century”
- Make use of autumn!
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 7) Füssen
Tag Archives: moon
I had gone out to take photos of the sunset. But when I turned around, I observed something far more rare and spectacular: the rise of the full moon, at exactly the same time as the sun was setting opposite. … Continue reading
Some extra advice for your next cruise: Book your cruise in a way that you will be in the middle of the Atlantic for full moon. You can spot the cruise novices because they overlook this detail when planning their itinerary.
This blog has a lot of sunsets, some sunrises and a few photos of the moon. What has been lacking so far are photos of a moonrise. My father, who is the real photographer in the family, has captured one:
As I went hiking to Lake Corani in Bolivia, I could be forgiven for confusing the sun, barely shining through threatening clouds like a spooky moon, on the one side, and the full moon on the other side, shining as bright as if … Continue reading
All photos were taken on Plaza 14 de Septiembre in Cochabamba, Bolivia. Obviously, anyone with a tripod could do a better job. If you want to know when the next full moon is, just ask one of the Incas. They … Continue reading
The moment before the cloud monster swallows the moon: