If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- One Hundred Years Ago, Lawrence of Arabia killed the Railroad – March 1923: Transjordan
- Hiking on the First Day of Spring
- One Hundred Years Ago – the episodes you missed in 2022
- Gastronom No. 4
- Müggelheim, where Berlin looks like Sweden
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Kremnica, Slovakia
- Köpenick – First Impressions
- The Battlefield of Waterloo, Looking for the Bones, and a Surprising Supper
- The most beautiful city in Germany that you never heard of
- Law School in Bolivia
Join 8,755 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Atlantic
Going on a Cruise again
For my imminent return to Europe, I have, in line with my romantic and old-fashioned disposition, chosen the steamship over the plane. Thus, I will be cruising the Caribbean and the Atlantic for two weeks, leaving from Cartagena in Colombia on … Continue reading
Full Moon over the Atlantic
Some extra advice for your next cruise: Book your cruise in a way that you will be in the middle of the Atlantic for full moon. You can spot the cruise novices because they overlook this detail when planning their itinerary.
Even on a boat in the middle of the Atlantic, you are being watched.
Posted in Philosophy, Photography, Politics, Travel Tagged Atlantic, cruise, surveillance 4 Comments