If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- The Castle in the Fog
- The Romance of Railroad Travel
- Let’s take the Train into the Sunset!
- The largest Roman city you never heard of: Gorsium
- To Heat or Not To Heat?
- Village Life in Hungary
- One Hundred Years Ago, King Ferdinand got Promoted – October 1922: Greater Romania
- Hitchhiking to the Happy Cemetery
- Bratislava – First Impression
- The Secret Space Program of Yugoslavia
Join 8,704 other followers
Tag Archives: birds
Photographed in Kotor, Montenegro.
(Photographed at the Municipal Park in Trani, Apulia, Italy.)
Photographed on Isla del Sol in Lake Titicaca.
In Bolivia, I have already seen hummingbirds several times. Sometimes, they even come to the garden of the house where I live in Cochabamba. But by the time I get my camera ready, the birds have left. Or they move … Continue reading
The big one is the Andean condor from the Bolivian coat of arms. The small bird is thinking: “You may be big and strong and famous, but I am free to fly wherever I want.” (Photographed at Plaza 14 de Septiembre … Continue reading
At least I couldn’t think of any other explanation for this giant birdhouse, which I saw in Cetinje, Montenegro:
Lithuania is full of beautifully painted wooden houses. The blue, green, red and orange houses manage to add color even to the longest and coldest of winters. On a visit to Druskininkai I saw that this is not limited to human … Continue reading