If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Cognitive Dissonance for Lunch
- Taarof, the most confusing thing about Iran
- Kyselka, the Forgotten Spa Town
- Remembrance with Kebab: Babi Yar
- What to do with a History Degree?
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 9) Neuschwanstein Castle
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 8) Hohenschwangau Castle
- Film Review “Capital in the 21st Century”
- Make use of autumn!
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 7) Füssen
Tag Archives: attorney
Ever since I closed my law firm to go on a long and ongoing sabbatical, people are asking me if I can recommend a lawyer to them. I usually can’t. But I will give you the 10 ultimate guidelines for … Continue reading
Immigration advice is a big business. Millions of people want to emigrate every year and seek out lawyers, attorneys and other immigration advisers. How can you tell a competent adviser from a fake one? I will have more on that … Continue reading
Despite being on sabbatical from working as a lawyer, I sometimes volunteer to give advice about German law. Some people think that they can approach a lawyer and are entitled to an answer to their questions. They are wrong. One year ago, I wrote about … Continue reading
Some lawyers have an odd concept of legal research. As a lawyer from a civil law jurisdiction (Germany), I generally start with a look into the codes and statutes. If you are from a common law jurisdiction and nobody in … Continue reading
Effective 31 July 2009, I will close my law firm and go on a sabbatical for at least one year. I thank all of you who have put your trust into me as your lawyer in the past 7 years. … Continue reading