If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Film Review: “Top Gun Maverick”
- Walking from Kötzting to Viechtach
- Battlefield Tourism – Then and Now
- My Drug Dealer from Cuba
- Visit Germany for only 9 Euros this Summer!
- A Walk around Odessa
- Split Personality
- One Hundred Years Ago, Germany and Russia laid the Foundation for World War II – April 1922: Rapallo
- One Hundred Years Ago, Genocide did not go Unpunished – April 1922: Operation Nemesis
- One Hundred Years Ago, the Habsburg Empire was finished for good – April 1922: Emperor Karl I
Tag Archives: Vulcano
The island of Vulcano, situated off the north coast of Sicily, has an active crater which you can hike up to. It is possible to circumvent the crater on a narrow rim, walking through the smoke and the fumes at times, … Continue reading
Lipari, Salina, Vulcano, Alicudi, Filicudi, Panarea. Don’t worry if you can’t immediately pin down these names on a map. Until two months ago, I couldn’t either. Then I moved to Sicily. If I add the name of the seventh and … Continue reading
Yesterday I posted a video of my ascent of the active volcano on the island of Vulcano. In that video, I reported on the lethal dangers which I faced during that excursion. I only became fully aware of the risk … Continue reading