If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- My Drug Dealer from Cuba
- Visit Germany for only 9 Euros this Summer!
- A Walk around Odessa
- Split Personality
- One Hundred Years Ago, Germany and Russia laid the Foundation for World War II – April 1922: Rapallo
- One Hundred Years Ago, Genocide did not go Unpunished – April 1922: Operation Nemesis
- One Hundred Years Ago, the Habsburg Empire was finished for good – April 1922: Emperor Karl I
- One Hundred Years Ago, they Showed a Movie that Should Never Have Been Made – March 1922: Nosferatu
- Ukrainian Tears
- Humanity’s Response to Catastrophes
Tag Archives: volcano
Zur deutschen Fassung dieses Artikels. Fim do Mundo, the end of the world, nothing more than a self-mocking name for a bar in a small village on a small island. One might think. If one didn’t know that in Norte … Continue reading
For four days, I had been calling Magmatrek to inquire if they would run an excursion to the top of Stromboli the next day. For three days, I was told to try again the next day. It was March, the weather in Sicily … Continue reading
Since yesterday, Mount Etna in Sicily has been active again. It has been spewing lava and ash, forcing the airport at Catania to suspend operations. (Photo taken on the road to Caltagirone on 15 December 2013.)
Yesterday I posted a video of my ascent of the active volcano on the island of Vulcano. In that video, I reported on the lethal dangers which I faced during that excursion. I only became fully aware of the risk … Continue reading