If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Hiking on the First Day of Spring
- One Hundred Years Ago – the episodes you missed in 2022
- Gastronom No. 4
- Müggelheim, where Berlin looks like Sweden
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Kremnica, Slovakia
- Köpenick – First Impressions
- The Battlefield of Waterloo, Looking for the Bones, and a Surprising Supper
- The most beautiful city in Germany that you never heard of
- Law School in Bolivia
- What is it with American Clients and their Nazi Obsession?
Join 8,755 other subscribers
Tag Archives: storm
The Azure Window is no more
I have written about the ferocious storms on Malta before, much stronger than any I have ever experienced in the Atlantic or the Pacific, and unimaginable to people who only visit the Mediterranean in summer. Today, a storm took away … Continue reading
Posted in Malta, Photography, Travel Tagged Gozo, sea, storm 10 Comments
After the Hurricane
Posted in Chile, Photography Tagged Santa Laura, storm Leave a comment
Where have all the Thunderstorms gone?
Last night, the weather was sticky with sweltering heat and humidity. I left the windows open throughout the night, hoping to be awoken by a thunderstorm. Yes, I love thunderstorms. Actually I like all kind of storms. But a light … Continue reading
Posted in Travel Tagged climate, Congo, lightning, science, storm, thunderstorm, weather 60 Comments