If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 8) Hohenschwangau Castle
- Film Review “Capital in the 21st Century”
- Make use of autumn!
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 7) Füssen
- The Holy Ghosts of the Azores
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 6) Walden
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 5) Ammer Gorge
- Why is German reunification celebrated on 3 October?
- For my Chinese readers
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 4) The Longest Day
Tag Archives: ship
Photographed in Marsaxlokk, a den of pirates in Malta.
Yes, these cruise ships are really that huge. (Photographed in Messina, Sicily, Italy.)
During my visit on Easter Island, the island was protected by the French frigate Prairial. This meant not only that drug smugglers stayed away for that week (the Prairial had just captured 680 kg of cocaine), but it also provided particularly idyllic views.
It was not exactly as imagined, but my office on board was actually quite cozy. Larger, lighter and quieter than some places I have lived. Because the ocean offers fewer distractions than land, particularly if you don’t have internet, it’s quite … Continue reading