If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- A Hundred Years Ago, someone kept his New Year’s Resolutions, but didn’t care about the Lives of Others – February 1921: Winston Churchill
- “The Impostor” by Javier Cercas
- A Postcard from Las Vegas
- A Postcard from Paris
- A Postcard from New York
- The Danger of Digits and Digitalization
- A Postcard from the Mount of Beatitudes
- A Hundred Years Ago, Ships still had Cats, and Planes did not only disappear in the Bermuda Triangle – January 1921: Carroll A. Deering
- A Postcard from Trakai
Tag Archives: ship
Photographed in Marsaxlokk, a den of pirates in Malta.
Yes, these cruise ships are really that huge. (Photographed in Messina, Sicily, Italy.)
During my visit on Easter Island, the island was protected by the French frigate Prairial. This meant not only that drug smugglers stayed away for that week (the Prairial had just captured 680 kg of cocaine), but it also provided particularly idyllic views.
It was not exactly as imagined, but my office on board was actually quite cozy. Larger, lighter and quieter than some places I have lived. Because the ocean offers fewer distractions than land, particularly if you don’t have internet, it’s quite … Continue reading