If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Visit Germany for only 9 Euros this Summer!
- A Walk around Odessa
- Split Personality
- One Hundred Years Ago, Germany and Russia laid the Foundation for World War II – April 1922: Rapallo
- One Hundred Years Ago, Genocide did not go Unpunished – April 1922: Operation Nemesis
- One Hundred Years Ago, the Habsburg Empire was finished for good – April 1922: Emperor Karl I
- One Hundred Years Ago, they Showed a Movie that Should Never Have Been Made – March 1922: Nosferatu
- Ukrainian Tears
- Humanity’s Response to Catastrophes
- Attack on Odessa
Tag Archives: ship
A symbolic photo, taken in Odessa, Ukraine.
Zur deutschen Fassung. The whole world is making fun of Germany, because it took us over 20 years to build a new airport for Berlin. There is a podcast about this, aptly named “How to fuck up an Airport“. Malicious … Continue reading
Photographed in Marsaxlokk, a den of pirates in Malta.
Yes, these cruise ships are really that huge. (Photographed in Messina, Sicily, Italy.)
During my visit on Easter Island, the island was protected by the French frigate Prairial. This meant not only that drug smugglers stayed away for that week (the Prairial had just captured 680 kg of cocaine), but it also provided particularly idyllic views.
It was not exactly as imagined, but my office on board was actually quite cozy. Larger, lighter and quieter than some places I have lived. Because the ocean offers fewer distractions than land, particularly if you don’t have internet, it’s quite … Continue reading