If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- How Photographers Get Killed
- Driving a Lorry for Brexit
- Hej Hej
- Sunrise at the Cemetery
- Facing the Firing Squad in Style
- One Hundred Years Ago, Countries were established that have been all but forgotten – August 1921: Baranya-Baja and Tannu-Tuwa
- To Stockholm, on a Train of Uncharted Consciousness
- Peak Sweden
- A Birthday without Lake Garda
- “The Hundred-Year-Old Man who Climbed out of the Window and Disappeared” by Jonas Jonasson
Tag Archives: ship
Photographed in Marsaxlokk, a den of pirates in Malta.
Yes, these cruise ships are really that huge. (Photographed in Messina, Sicily, Italy.)
During my visit on Easter Island, the island was protected by the French frigate Prairial. This meant not only that drug smugglers stayed away for that week (the Prairial had just captured 680 kg of cocaine), but it also provided particularly idyllic views.
It was not exactly as imagined, but my office on board was actually quite cozy. Larger, lighter and quieter than some places I have lived. Because the ocean offers fewer distractions than land, particularly if you don’t have internet, it’s quite … Continue reading