If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- All Roads lead to Jerusalem
- The real Soviet War Memorial in Berlin
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Locus Perennis, Czech Republic
- Twilight at the Train Station
- Hello from Lake Baikal
- One Hundred Years Ago, Lawrence of Arabia killed the Railroad – March 1923: Transjordan
- Hiking on the First Day of Spring
- One Hundred Years Ago – the episodes you missed in 2022
- Gastronom No. 4
- Müggelheim, where Berlin looks like Sweden
Join 8,762 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Vatican
Easily Confused, # 8
Show trial in Ukraine: Show trial in Russia: Show trial in the Vatican: Feel free to add more examples.
Posted in Human Rights, Law, Religion, Russia, Ukraine Tagged Human Rights, Vatican 3 Comments
“The Case of the Pope” by Geoffrey Robertson is a flawed case.
This week I attended a lecture at LSE by Geoffrey Robertson who was introducing his new book “The Case of the Pope: Vatican Accountability for Human Rights Abuse”, conveniently published just days before the Pope’s visit to Britain. Mr Robertson … Continue reading
Posted in Law, Politics Tagged Benedict XVI, Catholic church, child abuse, international law, international public law, Pope, Vatican 1 Comment