- But what will become of James Bond if we don’t tolerate sexual harassment anymore?
- Trying to cash in on crypto-currencies, I have now invested all my savings in Paypal.
- I always find it strange when people say “I am writing an eBook”, as if form matters more than substance. On the same note, I find it fishy when people say “I am studying for a master’s”, without mentioning the subject.
- In Romania, you notice in the streets that the big Christmas dinner is near. (photo by Bogdan Gabriel Nitu, hat tip to Valentina Dimulescu)
- – Hey Andreas, how easy is the language in Montenegro?
– Well, the language calls itself “crnogorski književnojezički izraz srpskohrvatskoga ili hrvatskosrpskoga jezika”.
- I have actually never been influenced by an “influencer”.
- From Wikipedia:
“Smoking in public places is prohibited in Montenegro, unless you obtain a smoking permit from the government.”
So where do I get this permit to smoke on top of a mountain?
- Thanks to Daniel Kehlmann’s wonderful novel Measuring the World, Alexander von Humboldt became even more popular than he already was. But this BBC podcast points out that one of the other scientists in the book, the mathematician Carl Friedrich Gauss, is just as interesting.
- How to get rid of fake friends. (I am the blue part in the conversation, of course.)
- If you find life in North Korea interesting, but you are more of a listener than a reader, here is a recent interview with Barbara Demick.
- Communism is on the march, at least in Nepal. The recent elections were won by the Unified Marxist Leninists and by the Maoist Center.
- More German language porn: Verkehrswegeplanungsbeschleunigungsgesetz.
- With every train ride and with every flight, I hate children more.
- Kenya bans plastic bags.
- All the brouhaha about the decision by the USA to move their embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem overlooked the fact that Austria always had its representative offices in Jerusalem.