If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- The Secret Space Program of Yugoslavia
- Mobilization in Russia
- Naughty Towns and Sin Cities
- I am not a spy, I am just curious
- Learning German with Hamlet
- Montenegro, where Laziness is Olympic
- King and Peasants discuss the British Monarchy
- One Hundred Years Ago, they were looking for the Center of Brazil – September 1922: Brasília
- One Hundred Years Ago, Sweden almost gave up on Booze – August 1922: Prohibition Referendum
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Kruhlyi, Ukraine
Join 8,673 other followers
Tag Archives: West Highland Way
Ever since I went on my first long-distance walk, the Hadrian’s Wall Path in England, I have been wondering: “Why am I only bumping into other white folks?” In most British cities, there was a vibrant and colorful diversity of … Continue reading
You take that path. You don’t even consider veering to the left or swerving to the right for a bit, let alone a complete change of direction. Why? You don’t think about that. The thought doesn’t cross your mind, regardless … Continue reading
The loneliest basketball court I have ever seen. Somewhere in Scotland, along the West Highland Way. Unfortunately I had forgotten to take a basketball with me on the 154-km hike. When might have been the last time that someone played here?