If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- A Walk around Baza
- One Hundred Years Ago, a Royal Funeral was the Last Gasp of Times Past – April 1921: Augusta Victoria
- There is always a Fossibility
- One Hundred Years Ago, an Armenian Student took the Law into his own Hands – March 1921: Operation Nemesis
- Quite some Drama
- A Postcard from Yerevan
- Lost in Translation
- Two Bakeries, two Countries, two Cultures
- One Hundred Years Ago, a German Baron from the Baltics established a Kingdom in Mongolia – March 1921: Roman von Ungern-Sternberg
- International Women’s Day
Tag Archives: basketball
At 16:00 there would be a basketball game, I had heard. So I was there at 16:00 sharp. There, but alone. No players, no spectators, no ball, no ice-cream vendor whose presence would have been highly desirable in the heat. … Continue reading
(Photographed in the Durmitor mountains in Montenegro.)
The loneliest basketball court I have ever seen. Somewhere in Scotland, along the West Highland Way. Unfortunately I had forgotten to take a basketball with me on the 154-km hike. When might have been the last time that someone played here?