If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Nobody needs an Airport
- Drug Dealers with an Honor Code
- Escaping the War
- One Hundred Years Ago, two young Men left Bavaria for the United States – June 1922: the Vogl Brothers
- Back from the Carpathians
- Slow Down!
- Film Review: “Top Gun Maverick”
- Walking from Kötzting to Viechtach
- Battlefield Tourism – Then and Now
- My Drug Dealer from Cuba
Join 8,539 other followers
Tag Archives: basketball
At 16:00 there would be a basketball game, I had heard. So I was there at 16:00 sharp. There, but alone. No players, no spectators, no ball, no ice-cream vendor whose presence would have been highly desirable in the heat. … Continue reading
(Photographed in the Durmitor mountains in Montenegro.)
The loneliest basketball court I have ever seen. Somewhere in Scotland, along the West Highland Way. Unfortunately I had forgotten to take a basketball with me on the 154-km hike. When might have been the last time that someone played here?