If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Hiking on the First Day of Spring
- One Hundred Years Ago – the episodes you missed in 2022
- Gastronom No. 4
- Müggelheim, where Berlin looks like Sweden
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Kremnica, Slovakia
- Köpenick – First Impressions
- The Battlefield of Waterloo, Looking for the Bones, and a Surprising Supper
- The most beautiful city in Germany that you never heard of
- Law School in Bolivia
- What is it with American Clients and their Nazi Obsession?
Join 8,755 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Trans Canada Trail
Canmore, the better Banff
In every country, there is a place that everyone, literally everyone, recommends you to visit. Actually, recommend is too weak of a word for the obtrusiveness: “You have to go there!” Instinctively, this raises some resistance with me, because I … Continue reading
Posted in Canada, Photography, Travel Tagged animals, Banff, Canmore, hiking, mountains, Trans Canada Trail 12 Comments
Always follow the River. A Walk from Calgary to Cochrane.
Zur deutschen Fassung dieses Artikels. For New Year’s Eve, a friend invited me to Cochrane, about 15 or 20 km west of Calgary. Looking at the map, I noticed that it lies by the same Bow River which flows through … Continue reading
Posted in Canada, Photography, Travel Tagged Calgary, Cochrane, Glenbow Ranch, hiking, Trans Canada Trail 14 Comments