- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 3) Lake Ammer
- Hiiumaa, the real Adventure Island
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 2) Andechs Abbey
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 1) Lake Starnberg
- The Iron Curtain and Freedom of Travel
- Why I never get hired
- Hitchhiking against the Skeptics
- Bombs, Explosions and my Time in Beirut
- The most stupid plan of all times
- But what about the Comet?
Tag Archives: Tiraspol
When I was in Transnistria, I had to go to the immigration office to obtain a tourism permit that would allow me to stay in the country beyond the 48-hour visa that I had picked up at the train station. … Continue reading
In Tiraspol in Transnistria, the last remnant of the Soviet Union, this is worth almost as much as “Made in Germany”.
In Transnistria I went for a walk from the capital city Tiraspol to Kitskany to visit the monastery there. Along the river Dnestr, which is pretty much the border between Transnistria and Moldova, I walked on paths between the fields, most of the time … Continue reading
To prevent my 40th birthday from becoming legally effective, I spent 6 July 2015 in Transnistria which is not recognized by any other country. As always, I had not planned a large party. Instead, the journey and the new impressions and experiences … Continue reading