If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- All Roads lead to Jerusalem
- The real Soviet War Memorial in Berlin
- Journey to the Center of Europe – Locus Perennis, Czech Republic
- Twilight at the Train Station
- Hello from Lake Baikal
- One Hundred Years Ago, Lawrence of Arabia killed the Railroad – March 1923: Transjordan
- Hiking on the First Day of Spring
- One Hundred Years Ago – the episodes you missed in 2022
- Gastronom No. 4
- Müggelheim, where Berlin looks like Sweden
Join 8,762 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Pakistan
“Here you are, Emir: the drink that you requested. Cold.” Ahmed smiled as he offered the canned beverage to the older and bearded man sitting on the floor among some pillows and books. His smile could easily have been mistaken for … Continue reading
Posted in Islam, Terrorism Tagged creative writing, espionage, Fiction, Pakistan, Terrorism 10 Comments
Don’t be a sissy!
If you are scared of taking a risk, if you give up before you start, if you think that it’s not worth the fight, if you back down out of fear and slip back into your comfortable life instead of pursuing your … Continue reading
Posted in Human Rights, Life Tagged Human Rights, Pakistan, Taliban, women 6 Comments
May we celebrate somebody’s death?
I admit it: when I woke up this morning to the headline “Osama Bin Laden Killed“, I reacted with surprise (about the manhunt still being actively pursued) and jubilation, as well as admiration at the execution of the operation by … Continue reading
Posted in Law, Philosophy, Politics Tagged al-qaida, Barack Obama, Osama bin Laden, Pakistan, Taliban, Terrorism 7 Comments