If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Film Review “Capital in the 21st Century”
- Make use of autumn!
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 7) Füssen
- The Holy Ghosts of the Azores
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 6) Walden
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 5) Ammer Gorge
- Why is German reunification celebrated on 3 October?
- For my Chinese readers
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 4) The Longest Day
- In the King’s Footsteps (Day 3) Lake Ammer
Tag Archives: library
– Let’s meet at the library! – Which section? – If we have similar interests, we will meet. If not, we shouldn’t. As always, I went home alone. Well, not really alone, for I had found some interesting books. Links: … Continue reading
“Peru has Mario Vargas Llosa. Colombia has Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Mexico has Carlos Fuentes. I am so tired of Brazil: only samba, beach and sex. We have nothing intellectual!” the girl at the check-out counter at Belem Library complained. “It’s … Continue reading
My steadfast refusal to read e-books even in 2016 has two practical disadvantages: Each year, a few trees are felled just for the books I read. Whenever I stay at one place for a few months, I am gathering a … Continue reading