If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- One Hundred Years Ago, a Royal Funeral was the Last Gasp of Times Past – April 1921: Augusta Victoria
- There is always a Fossibility
- One Hundred Years Ago, an Armenian Student took the Law into his own Hands – March 1921: Operation Nemesis
- Quite some Drama
- A Postcard from Yerevan
- Lost in Translation
- Two Bakeries, two Countries, two Cultures
- One Hundred Years Ago, a German Baron from the Baltics established a Kingdom in Mongolia – March 1921: Roman von Ungern-Sternberg
- International Women’s Day
- A Postcard from Málaga
Tag Archives: King Ludwig Trail
Zur deutschen Fassung dieses Berichts. 148 Neuschwanstein lies high above the valley, on a rock that is not really suitable for construction. The local authorities should never have approved this. I am sure there were some bribes involved… It takes … Continue reading
Zur deutschen Fassung dieses Artikels. 123 Although it’s a local bus, operated by the City of Füssen, bus no. 78 shows the destination only in English: “Hohenschwangau Castles”. This must be the loss of German culture that some people are … Continue reading
After a spooky night in the woods, I have a UNESCO world heritage site all to myself. And the destination of the hike finally comes into view. Continue reading
Another day that would not end in a warm bed, but outside in a rainy night… Until I discovered a hut deep in the forest.
I had barely survived the night in the cemetery. I had not found anything to eat. And yet, on the fifth day of the hike, I would face the most dangerous part: the Ammer Gorge.
Luckily, I would soon bump into two pilgrims. Continue reading
On the fourth day of the hike through Bavaria, I discover the secret 5G factory, climb the highest mountain and spend the night in a cemetery.
On the third stage of my hike, I was just about to set up my camp in a park, when a helpful stranger invited me into his lakeside villa.
I swear, I just wanted to walk through the Bavarian countryside. No idea why I almost ended up in prison.
The hike begins with a change of plan, with a serious scare, and with murder and mystery.