If you find this blog funny, clever or even useful, you can keep it alive with a small donation. Thank you!
- Köpenick – First Impressions
- The Battlefield of Waterloo, Looking for the Bones, and a Surprising Supper
- The most beautiful city in Germany that you never heard of
- Law School in Bolivia
- What is it with American Clients and their Nazi Obsession?
- Winter is Coming
- The Castle in the Fog
- The Romance of Railroad Travel
- Let’s take the Train into the Sunset!
- The largest Roman city you never heard of: Gorsium
Join 8,743 other subscribers
Tag Archives: internet
The internet at my home sometimes doesn’t work for a few days. Usually, I am happy about that because it leaves me with more time to read books. But last night, I would have needed some internet, so I took … Continue reading
In the right hand column of this blog you see a flag counter which records the number of visitors from each country. As of today, this blog has had visitors from 204 different countries. The US, Germany and the UK … Continue reading
I had heard about the danger of stepping on a landmine before, of course. I had read and heard reports about the many people to whom the same had happened, and I had felt sorry for them. But never had … Continue reading
Today, on 18 January 2012, Wikipedia and other sites have closed down and will blackout the internet for one day. They want to protest against a bill currently being considered by the US Congress: the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). … Continue reading